Directions to HMP?YOI Exeter
30 New North Road
Prison Tel: 01392 415650
Choices Tel: 01392 415972
- Bus: All national coaches arrive in to the main bus station which is within 1 Kilometre from the prison, in addition a local bus operates to all the Park & Ride schemes which are located on the main arterial routes into the City, (Visitors are advised to use this system as it is the most economical and easy access to the city). The Park & Ride schemes generally operate between 07:00 & 18:30 daily.
- Train: The prison is accessible from two stations, Exeter St David's is the main line station for trains arriving from both the East North and South West of the City (First Great Western & Cross Country) the station is approximately two kilometres from the establishment and local buses run from the station to the city centre.
- Taxi: Different companies appear to charge anything from £12-£40 fares to HMP Dartmoor from Plymouth. The average rate should be £12-£20. If possible it is advisable to agree a fixed fare with your driver before setting out.
- Car: If approaching from the North , you should exit at Junct 29 of the M5 and follow the signs for Exeter (B3183), to the city Centre. At the main traffic lights you will see “Next” Department store on your Left, go straight ahead until you come to a mini roundabout. The prison is directly in front of you.
- If approaching from the East you should travel down the A303 and follow the directions above from the M5 to the prison
- If approaching from the South Westyou should exit the M5 at Junct 30 and follow the signs for Exeter City Centre as you reach the city centre (“Next” Department Store) you should follow the directions as above.