(CCS) is a not-for-profit voluntary run organisation that assists prisoners and their families through difficulties that may be incurred during their involvement in the criminal justice system.
Choices Mission Statement
“To support and advise prisoners and their families to promote and enable positive change.”
We aim to give service users the tools needed to promote positive change by:
- Conducting needs analysis and assessments.
- Preventative work.
- Enhancing an understanding of the criminal justice procedures.
- Offering emotional support.
- Delivering practical support.
- Signposting to relevant agencies.
- Investigating coping strategies.
- Suicide/self harm prevention.
- Support prisoners and their families in the resettlement process.
- Preparation for release.
- Reintegration back into the family/community.
- Actively protecting children’s welfare.
- Liaise between families, the criminal justice system and other organisations.
- Being a voice for families via advocacy work.
- To ensure that the children, their carers, and families of prisoners have access to appropriate advice, care and support relevant to their needs.
- To facilitate opportunities for positive contact between prisoners and their families from the courts to release.
- To support families and prisoners in the resettlement process.
- To respond to the needs of prisoners/family members at risk of suicide and self-harm.
- To support the development of restorative justice and promote community involvement in supporting people affected by imprisonment.