(CCS) is a not-for-profit voluntary run organisation that assists offenders and their families through difficulties that may be incurred during their involvement in the criminal justice system.
Choices Mission Statement
“ To support and advise offenders and their families to promote and enable positive change.”
We aim to give service users the tools needed to promote positive change by:
- Conducting needs analysis and assessments.
- Preventative work.
- Enhancing an understanding of the criminal justice procedures.
- Offering emotional support.
- Delivering practical support.
- Signposting to relevant agencies.
- Investigating coping strategies.
- Suicide/self harm prevention.
- Support offenders and their families in the resettlement process.
- Preparation for release.
- Reintegration back into the family/community.
- Actively protecting children’s welfare.
- Liaise between families, the criminal justice system and other organisations.
- Being a voice for families via advocacy work.
- To ensure that the children, their carers, and families of prisoners have access to appropriate advice, care and support relevant to their needs.
- To facilitate opportunities for positive contact between prisoners and their families from the courts to release.
- To support families and prisoners in the resettlement process.
- To respond to the needs of prisoners/family members at risk of suicide and self-harm.
- To support the development of restorative justice and promote community involvement in supporting people affected by imprisonment.